Installing .DLL files for Applications.
Software will often load .DLL files from the application folder first. If Windows does not find the .DLL file here, it will automatically check the Windows system folders.
- Place the .DLL file in the same folder where the application .exe file is located.
- Windows 11 : Right click the .EXE > More > Open File Location.
- Windows OS : Right click the .EXE > Properties > Shortcut Tab > Open File Location.
Installing .DLL files for Windows.
Installing .DLL files for Windows is an easy process and it takes just a few minutes. Simply paste the .dll file into the necessary Windows system folder (see below). Don't worry, if you're not sure which folder to put the .dll file, you can copy it to both folders.
- 32 bit : Copy the .DLL file to your C:\Windows\System32\ folder.
- 64 bit : Copy the .DLL file to your C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ folder.