In some cases .dll files are moved, copied or renamed by other applications. You can quickly check your computer to see if the .DLL file already exists.
- Select a drive on your computer. (C:\, D:\, etc..)
- Enter the filename into the search bar. (Search without the .dll extension)
- Check if the .DLL has been found. (This may take several minutes)
- If you find the .dll file
Make a copy and re-install the .dll file.
- If you find filename(1).dll
Copy and rename the file to filename.dll. Proceed with .dll installation.
- If you find filename.dl_
This is a compressed backup of the .dll file. Use software such as 7zip to extract the file. Continue with the .dll installation.